Clark County Washington
Home Find It! A-Z Index Departments & Programs Jobs Contact Us
Newcomers, visitors > Starting a business

Starting a business

local business photo

If you have decided to start your own business, below are links to help you find out about opportunities in Clark County, contact members of the local business community, and get a business license.

Chambers of Commerce

Columbia River Economic Development Council

Federal Identification Number
Businesses consisting of more than one person might require a Federal Employer (tax) Identification Number (EIN) from the Internal Revenue Service.

State of Washington Business Licensing
Anyone conducting any business in Washington must register for a Master Business License and obtain a UBI (Unified Business Identifier) number for tax purposes. A permit might be required for home businesses in unincorporated Clark County and some cities require business licenses.

Unincorporated Clark County Home Business Permit
A business operating out of a home might require a permit. The review process depends on whether you are in the urban or rural area, and the impacts the business may have on the neighborhood.

Minor home business (PDF)
Major home business (PDF)


top of page

Street address: 1300 Franklin Street, Floor 6, Vancouver, WA 98660
Mailing address: P.O. Box 5000, Vancouver, WA 98666-5000
Main phone: (360) 397-6012 | FAX: (360) 397-6015

Clark County Home | Find It! | A-Z Index | News Releases | Jobs | Contact Us

For questions or comments regarding the Clark County Web site:

© 2008 Clark County Washington | Disclaimer and legal notice | Health Information Privacy Notice