Clark County has always provided fertile ground for farmers, and the county has more than one area named after their crops.
For example, Prune Hill about ten to twelve miles east of Vancouver was once known as Strawberry Knoll. The name was changed in 1883 when M.A. Boyle set out 350 prune trees on the hill. Likewise, Fruit Valley to the west of Vancouver was named for all the prize orchards located there.
When prunes were the key crop in Clark County in the 1920s, a group of Vancouver boosters came up with a slogan for their civic organization promoting the local industry. Known as the Prunarians, their slogan was "We're full of prunes." At that time, Clark County was the prune capital not only of the United States, but of the world.