|2013 Clark County Recovery Forum|
|- Flier (PDF)
- Agenda (PDF)
- News release
|Board of Clark County Commissioners briefing|
|- June 12, 2013 (PDF)|
The Substance Abuse Advisory Board (SAAB) reviews services, plans, and budgets for publicly funded substance abuse programs in Clark County and makes recommendations to the Board of Clark County Commissioners (BOCC) on program needs and priorities.
The Substance Abuse Advisory Board meets monthly on the third Tuesday from 5 to 7 p.m. at the Center for Community Health, 1601 E. Fourth Plain Blvd., Vancouver. The board does not meet in December. Additional meetings are scheduled as needed.
* All agendas and minutes are PDF files.
|Date||Agenda||Audio file and minutes|
|October 15||Agenda||Audio (MP3 111MB)|
|September 17||Agenda||* No audio due to technical difficulties|
|August 20||Agenda||Audio file (WMA 59MB)|
Roles and responsibilities
- Serve in an advisory capacity to the BOCC and staff on alcohol and drug abuse issues.
- Provide oversight through Community Services Alcohol and Drug Program by reviewing information, reports, and monitoring provided by program staff. This function allows the advisory board the ability to review contracted services provided for treatment, prevention, outreach, education and recovery services.
- Assist staff in developing, updating, and implementing the county needs assessment and plan for alcohol and drug programs, which will make our services more effective, responsive, and accountable to the community it serves.
- Community and legislative advocacy for the development and promotion of positive alternatives to substance abuse or addiction to alcohol and other drugs.
Join the advisory board
Individuals in recovery, members from diversity population, and those representing geographic areas of the county are encouraged to apply. A working knowledge of or interest in issues related to alcoholism, drug addiction, substance abuse and violence prevention are recommended.
This is an opportunity for interested community members to give input on policy decisions related to publicly funded alcohol and drug prevention, intervention, and treatment services. Positions are voluntary and no member may be a provider of alcoholism and other drug addiction treatment services. Interested individuals should submit a resume and cover letter expressing interest in being considered for appointment to this board to:
Board of Clark County Commissioners
Attn: Jennifer Clark
PO Box 5000, Vancouver, WA 98666-5000
If you have any questions or need additional information, please contact DeDe Sieler at (360) 397-2075 ext. 7823 or Cyndi Smith at (360) 397-2075 ext. 7835.