Clark County Washington
Home Find It! A-Z Index Departments & Programs Jobs Contact Us
Assessors Office > Name Change

Name Change

The Assessorís Office makes name and ownership changes to accounts based upon legal documents of record ONLY.


The following documents are acceptable when the name change is prompted by these events:



A copy of the marriage certificate and a written request from the owner


A copy of the divorce decree, including the clause noting the change of name

Legal name change

A copy of the legal name change document which has been filed with the court


Where to find these documents:

  • Your personal records (start here!)
  • Title Insurance Company
  • Auditorís Office or Auditorís database
  • Clerkís Office


top of page

Clark County Assessor's Office: Peter Van Nortwick, Assessor
Street Address: 1300 Franklin Street, 2nd Floor, Vancouver, WA 98660
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 5000, Vancouver, WA 98666-5000
Main phone: (360) 397-2391 | Fax: (360) 397-6046
Telecommunications Relay Service: (800) 833-6388, then call (360) 397-2445
Responsible Elected Official: Peter Van Nortwick
For document requests, please contact the Assessor's Office Public Records Officer by phone
(360) 397-2092 ext. 4846 or by email

Clark County Home | Find It! | A-Z Index | News Releases | Jobs | Contact Us

For questions or comments regarding the Clark County Web site:

© 2008 Clark County Washington | Disclaimer and legal notice | Health Information Privacy Notice