Clark County Washington
Home Find It! A-Z Index Departments & Programs Jobs Contact Us
Assessment & GIS > Tax Relief > Senior Citizen and Disabled

Senior Citizen and Disabled Person Reduction of Taxes


To qualify for reduction of taxes this year, you must have met the following qualifications last year:

  • Age or disability – you must meet one of the following:
    • Age 61 or over by December 31, OR
    • 100% military service-connected disability, OR
    • Social Security-deemed disabled.
         Proof of age or disability, including date deemed disabled, must be submitted.
  • Own and occupy the home as your principal residence by December 31.
    • If the home is recorded in a trust, you must have a Life Estate or a Lease for Life interest in the property. The Declaration of Trust must be completed by an attorney.
    • If you purchased the home last year, documentation showing purchase of the home and sale of a former home must be submitted.
    • Documentation showing this is your primary residence is also required.
  • Your annual combined disposable income may not exceed $35,000.
    • This includes all household income.
    • Out-of-pocket prescription drug expenses and Medicare premiums may be deducted from this income.


For more information on the exemption program, refer to:

Property Tax Exemption for Senior Citizens and Disabled Persons

This reduction in property taxes does not place a lien against the property.



Any change in qualifying circumstances must be reported to avoid penalties.  Report these changes with the Change in Status Report.

Additional Assistance:

For assistance, additional information, or the address for mailing your completed application and supporting documents, click on the link below:


top of page

Clark County Assessor's Office: Peter Van Nortwick, Assessor
Street Address: 1300 Franklin Street, 2nd Floor, Vancouver, WA 98660
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 5000, Vancouver, WA 98666-5000
Main phone: (360) 397-2391 | Fax: (360) 397-6046
Telecommunications Relay Service: (800) 833-6388, then call (360) 397-2445
Responsible Elected Official: Peter Van Nortwick
For document requests, please contact the Assessor's Office Public Records Officer by phone
(360) 397-2092 ext. 4846 or by email

Clark County Home | Find It! | A-Z Index | News Releases | Jobs | Contact Us

For questions or comments regarding the Clark County Web site:

© 2008 Clark County Washington | Disclaimer and legal notice | Health Information Privacy Notice