Documents are recorded and made "public record" in the Recording Division of the County Auditor's Office. The types of documents recorded are:
- Real Estate, including mortgages, deeds of trust, etc.
- Marriage License
- Marriage certificates issued since 1890 are located in the Auditor's Office records.
- Some birth and death certificates from 1890-1907 are located in the Auditor's Office records.
|Save money and time with eRecording. Find out how here.|
Copies of recorded documents may be obtained online or by visiting or contacting the Auditor's Office.
Prior to obtaining a copy, you will need the document's Recording Number, which can be found in the Auditor Document Index.
Documents not recorded by the Recording Division:
- Birth records 1908-1926 and death records, 1908-10 years prior to this date
Contact: Vital Records, (360) 397-8000
- Birth records 1927 to present and death records for last 10 years
Contact : Health Department, (360) 397-8000
- Court records, including divorce decrees
Contact: Clark County Clerk, (360) 397-2292
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Wednesday: 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Marriage License applications due by 4:30 daily.
Recording Fees have changed effective June 11, 2014.
Please click Here to see the current fee schedule.
Auditor Document Index
The Auditor Document Index is an online information retrieval system. Its primary purpose is to search for and display information about recorded documents in the Auditor's Office. Recorded documents are of "Public Record" and include all Real Estate documents, as well as several other miscellaneous document types. Court documents are excluded from this index.