Jeanne E. Stewart
Jeanne E. Stewart (District 3) served 12 years on the Vancouver City Council before being elected to the Board of County Commissioners in November 2014. As of Jan. 1, 2015, her title changed to councilor when Clark County moved to home rule. She also served on the boards of C-Tran and Columbia River Economic Development Council for six year and the Regional Transportation Council for two years.
Earlier, Councilor Stewart worked for 13 years in various accounting, finance and auditing functions at US Bancorp. She and her husband of 40 years ran a family business for 29 years, working as manufacturer sales representatives.
At Clark College, Councilor Stewart earned an Associate Degree in Arts and Science, with honors and an emphasis on business. She served in many community services roles since 1981, including a five-year term on the Vancouver Planning Commission. She began her public service work by cofounding what became the Carter Park Neighborhood Association and as a volunteer in Vancouver Public Schools.
2015 Board assignments
- Columbia River Economic Development Council (CREDC)
- Southwest Washington Workforce Development Council (SWWDC)
- Clark Transit Agency (C-Tran) Board of Director
- Regional Transportation Council (RTC) Board of Directors
- Metropolitan Policy Advisory Committee (MPAC)
- Joint Policy Advisory Committee on Transportation (JPACT)
- Washington State Assoc. of Counties Legislative Steering (LSC)
- Bi-State Coordination Committee
- Regional Disaster Preparedness Organization (RDPO)
- Emergency Medical Services Districts Board
- Board of Health (BOH)
- Vancouver USA Regional Tourism Office (CVB)
- Industrial Revenue Bond Board
- Vancouver Library, Capital Facilities Area Board
- Disability Board – Clark County (LEOFF)
- Council for the Homeless
- Elected Officials Breakfast - Clark County
- Audit Oversight Committee - Clark County
- Board of the Greater Clark Parks District