Portland International Airport Citizen Noise Advisory Committee vacancy
Lise Glancy, Port of Portland
Phone: (503) 415-6519
Vancouver, WA – The Board of County Commissioners is seeking a Clark County resident from the Camas/Washougal area to serve on the Portland International Airport Citizen Noise Advisory Committee (PDXCNAC), filling an unexpired term through November 2012.
The advisory committee is charged with:
• Acting on behalf of local jurisdictions as the official forum to address community noise concerns
• Monitoring and providing input on the implementation of the current PDX Noise Compatibility Plan
• Reviewing aircraft noise issues and providing advice on issue resolution and follow-up
• Developing ideas and recommending proposals for future airport noise plans
• Participating in advisory committees considering long-range airport facilities and capital improvement planning
• Enhancing public understanding of aircraft noise management through the CNAC
• Periodically brief the Port of Portland Commissioners on the committee’s work
The committee generally meets 6-8 p.m. on the second Thursday of each month at the Port of Portland Administration building, 7200 N.E. Airport Way, Anchor Room, Portland, Ore. Once a year, CNAC meets in Vancouver and Gresham. Typically, no meeting is scheduled in December. Given the technical nature of noise, CNAC members are encouraged to attend all meetings.
Persons interested in serving must submit a letter of interest and resume to Jennifer Clark, Board of County Commissioners Office, P.O. Box 5000, Vancouver, WA 98666-5000. The Board also will accept applications by fax at (360) 397-6058 and email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline is 5 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 2, 2011.
Questions regarding the committee should be directed to Lise Glancy at (503) 415-6519.
top of page