Clark County Washington
Home Find It! A-Z Index Departments & Programs Jobs Contact Us
Citizen Participation Guide > Advisory Boards and Volunteering > How to Serve on a Committee

How to serve on a committee

Most of the citizens advisory committees are associated with departments that are the responsibility of the county commissioners. If you think you might like to participate on one of these committees, a first step is to attend one of its meetings to get a sense of what is involved. If you decide you’re interested, write a letter to the Board of Clark County Commissioners, which chooses citizens to serve on these committees.

Write to:
Board of Clark County Commissioners
PO Box 5000
Vancouver, Washington 98666-5000

In your letter, indicate the specific committee you would like to be appointed to and why you would like to serve on the committee. Some advisory committees require at least some of their members to have a background in an area related to the committee’s focus. With other committees, the main need is to have representation from a broad cross-section of the community.

If you’re not selected right away, remember that many people apply. The county keeps all letters of application on file and reviews them whenever an opening comes up. The Commissioners Office works to best match applicants with available committee positions.

Public Information and Outreach
Director: Mary Keltz

Street address: 1300 Franklin Street, Floor 6, Vancouver, WA 98660
Mailing address: P.O. Box 5000, Vancouver, WA 98666-5000
Main phone: (360) 397-6012 | FAX: (360) 397-6015
Responsible elected official: Board of Clark County Commissioners

Clark County Home | Find It! | A-Z Index | News Releases | Jobs | Contact Us

For questions or comments regarding the Clark County Web site:

© 2008 Clark County Washington | Disclaimer and legal notice | Health Information Privacy Notice