Workgroups are oriented around two objectives – organizing the RHA and supporting integrated health systems. Workgroups consist of co-leads appointed by the steering committee and community members with an interest and expertise in respective groups.
Clinical Improvement Workgroup
Contact: Steve Maynard, (360) 397-2130 or Steve.Maynard@clark.wa.gov.
Integrated Health Home Workgroup
This workgroup is responsible for:
- Defining the framework for an “Integrated Health Home” – what does it look like?
- Identifying the best practices – what are the evidenced-based methods or techniques that have consistently shown results?
- Identifying the care teams - what do they look like, how are they interconnected to provide patient-centric care?
- Technology - EMRs - what works best - what is required – what are the “must haves” for integration?
This workgroup works to build the RHA and related infrastructure. Its areas of focus include:
- Funding: Obtain funding support
- Legal structure: Design the RHA legal structure
- Legislative agenda: Develop a legislative agenda that supports RHAs and the state in succeeding at health reform
Contact: Vanessa Gaston, (360) 397-2130 or Vanessa.Gaston@clark.wa.gov.
The Planning Workgroup helps manage the project plan and budget, maintains project momentum and works to resolve problems.
Population Health Workgroup
Contact: Marni Storey, (360) 397-8000 or Marni.Storey@clark.wa.gov.
Workforce Development Workgroup
This workgroup is tasked with supporting the integration of the Health Advocate into the regional healthcare model. The current objectives of the workgroup are:
- Finalizing the basic design of an accredited, degree program of study for Registered Health Advocates that the partner colleges can implement
- Supporting the submission of a grant applications to fund the development and training of the Registered Health Advocate