Clark County Washington
Home Find It! A-Z Index Departments & Programs Jobs Contact Us
Community Services > Center for Community Health > Contacts

Contacts and Links


Clark County Community Services

Administers youth and family programs, community action initiatives, alcohol and drug treatment and prevention, housing and urban development programs, and developmental disability services.
Phone: (360) 397-2130

Clark County General Services Facilities Maintenance

Phone: 360-397-7244

Clark County Mental Health Crisis Services

Evaluation and referral to community outpatient and inpatient service delivery systems and community supports, including peer support counselors and consumer advocacy organizations. Designated Mental Health Professionals (DMHP) may also initiate 72-hour involuntary holds on those persons deemed a high risk to harm themselves or others, or who cannot provide for their own safety and welfare as a result of being gravely disabled.
Phone: (800) 626-8137 or (360) 696-9560

Clark County Public Health

Provides control of communicable diseases; protection of food and drinking water; home visiting nursing services to support pregnant women and those raising children; nutrition services; immunizations; health education for tobacco and HIV prevention; and much more. It also has homeland security responsibilities for protecting the public's health during terrorist, natural disaster, and communicable disease emergencies like bio-terrorism, earthquakes, and influenza outbreaks.
Phone: (360) 397-8000

Community Services Northwest & Northwest Recovery Center

Community Services Northwest (CSN) assists low-income, uninsured and under-insured Clark County residents by providing high-quality, integrated outpatient mental health and addictions treatment, and supportive housing services. Outpatient mental health services include individual, family and group therapy, case management, and specialized programs for outreach to the homeless and other under-served groups. Addictions treatment services include individualized care for youth and adults including gender-specific groups, programs for adolescents and adults with co-occurring disorders, groups for pregnant and parenting women and for people with AIDS or Hepatitis C, as well as individual and group counseling for problem gambling.
Phone: (360) 397-8484

Consumer Voices Are Born (CVAB)

Consumer Voices Are Born is a consumer-run organization providing support and advocacy for consumers of mental health services. It offers self-help classes, support groups, a variety of training, access to computers, information about volunteer opportunities, and social activities. A "Warm Line" created by mental health consumers has been established to help peers seeking a helping hand. Consumers, or those seeking mental health services, are invited to visit CVAB’s offices as a means of building confidence, self-esteem and the ability to become more involved in personal recovery.
Phone: (360) 695-5012

Lifeline Connections

Provides assessment, referral, involuntary treatment commitment, and multiple levels of outpatient treatment for youth and adults. Residential detoxification and recovery house services are provided for adults as well as transitional housing for parenting and pregnant women.
Phone: (360) 696-1631

Mental Health Ombudsman

Each Regional Support Network (RSN) must have in place a process that provides consumers with a complaint and grievance system that complies with state/federal laws, ensures confidentiality, and leaves no room for retaliatory actions against the consumer reporter. The process must provide access to an Administrative Fair Hearing by all consumers when dissatisfaction with services has been expressed or a Washington Administrative Code has been violated. The Mental Health Ombudsman (MHO) office is independent and separate from the RSN. A consumer of mental health service can file a complaint with the agency, the MHO office, or with the RSN. Acting as an advocate for the consumer, the MHO will listen to the compliant(s), investigate the allegations, and make recommendations for resolution. As an advocate, the Ombudsman can follow the consumer from the compliant to grievance process and through Administrative Fair Hearing proceedings. However, the primary goal of advocacy is to resolve the complaint or issue at the lowest level possible. Reporting to the Quality Review Team, the Quality Managers Committee, the Enrollee and Stakeholders Committee, and the Mental Health Advisory Board, the MHO reports trends and themes in the mental health community and works collaboratively with all partners to keep the system operating at optimal service levels beneficial to all.
Phone: 1-866-666-5070

Southwest Behavioral Health

Coordination of mental health services within Clark, Cowlitz, and Skamania counties.
Phone: 360-501-1201


Telecare is a 12-bed facility providing both voluntary and involuntary inpatient evaluation and treatment to individuals who are experiencing acute psychiatric distress. These individuals may also need acute detoxification from substances. The program's goal is to support people in stabilizing their symptoms so that they may quickly return home to the community.
Phone: (360) 397-8222 or (855) 397-8222

U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs

Provides a wide variety of social and health services for veterans.
Portland Office
Phone: (503) 220-8262
Vancouver Office


top of page

Clark County Community Services: Vanessa R. Gaston, Director
Street address: 1601 East Fourth Plain Boulevard, Bldg 17, Suite A419, Vancouver, WA 98661
Mailing address: P.O. Box 5000, Vancouver, WA 98666-9810
Main phone: (360) 397-2130 | FAX: (360) 397-6028
Community Services Fraud and Abuse Hotline
The Fraud and Abuse Hotline number is (360) 397-8030 and is for the reporting of suspected fraud or abuse related to payment for services. Messages may be left anonymously. To speak directly with the Department Compliance Officer, call (360) 397-2075 ext. 7819.
Responsible Elected Official: Board of County Councilors

Clark County Home | Find It! | A-Z Index | News Releases | Jobs | Contact Us

For questions or comments regarding the Clark County Web site:

© 2008 Clark County Washington | Disclaimer and legal notice | Health Information Privacy Notice