Clark County Washington
Home Find It! A-Z Index Departments & Programs Jobs Contact Us
Community Services > Center for Community Health > Funding


In 1997, Clark County sold some property and existing facilities to Clark College. The sale left the social services and public health agencies that occupied the space looking for a new home.

Also in 1997, a partnership developed between the Department of Veterans Affairs and Clark County Community Services. Recognizing that by working together, common problems could be solved while improving services for veterans and the community.  This partnership resulted in a vision for a new facility: the Center for Community Health.

With an estimated cost of slightly more than $39.6 million, the building was financed through a mix of property, cash rents, grants, and 501(c)3 Limited Tax General Obligation Bonds (LTGO) issued by the County. This included nearly $4.5 million generated from the sale of the County's property to Clark College and $3 million in funds associated with the mental health programs administered by the Department of Community Services. The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs also donated 6.2 acres of property in exchange for office space in the building, for which they are only responsible for maintenance and operations costs. County departments and non-profit partners pay these costs, plus rent for their office space in the new building.

top of page

Clark County Community Services: Vanessa R. Gaston, Director
Street address: 1601 East Fourth Plain Boulevard, Bldg 17, Suite A419, Vancouver, WA 98661
Mailing address: P.O. Box 5000, Vancouver, WA 98666-9810
Main phone: (360) 397-2130 | FAX: (360) 397-6028
Community Services Fraud and Abuse Hotline
The Fraud and Abuse Hotline number is (360) 397-8030 and is for the reporting of suspected fraud or abuse related to payment for services. Messages may be left anonymously. To speak directly with the Department Compliance Officer, call (360) 397-2075 ext. 7819.
Responsible Elected Official: Board of County Councilors

Clark County Home | Find It! | A-Z Index | News Releases | Jobs | Contact Us

For questions or comments regarding the Clark County Web site:

© 2008 Clark County Washington | Disclaimer and legal notice | Health Information Privacy Notice