Clark County logo   Clark County Washington title  
Links to finding county services
Search the Web site
Clark County home page A to Z index Find it Links to other sites News releases Contact us Link to jobs
Community Development
Animals and pets
Chickens and urban livestock
Dog bite prevention
Leash and scoop laws
Pet licensing
Spaying or neutering
Report animal cruelty or nuisances
Who to Contact

Two dogs running


Community Development

Animals and pets

Online pet licensing
Advisory Board
Application (PDF)
Next meeting: April 23, 2015
Appeal Hearing
None scheduled

Domestic animals enrich the lives of many county residents. However, if not cared for properly, these animals can also be disruptive to a neighborhood. Animal Protection and Control can help resolve animal control problems such as stray or vicious animals, noise complaints and reports of animal cruelty.

Dog bite prevention

Safety tips to keep in mind when you encounter a dog

Leash and scoop laws

Leash and scoop laws dog owners should know before heading out with their dog

Pet licensing

Applications and forms, fees, and licensing locations

Spaying or neutering

Reasons to spay or neuter your pet, low-cost services, and community assistance grants.

Urban livestock and chickens

Development regulations and resources for creating livestock plans

Report animal cruelty or nuisances

Online report form, cruelty and nuisance regulations, and signs of horse neglect or abuse

Hay donations for horses in need

View this video for information about the hay donation program. Contact Lori Harris (360) 798-3515 to donate or if you are in need of hay.

Our territory covers more than 600 square miles, from Woodland to Washougal. We serve all unincorporated county areas as well as Vancouver. Services provided within city limits can be accessed by calling the appropriate jurisdiction.

- Battle Ground - (360) 342-5100
- Camas/Washougal - (360) 335-0432
- La Center - (360) 263-2745
- Ridgefield - (360) 887-3556
- Yacolt - (360) 686-3922


Contact us

The best way to contact us is by phone Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

  • Concerns - (360) 397-2488
  • Licensing - (360) 397-2489

If you have an emergency or need assistance outside of business hours, please call 911. 

Quick find

Having trouble finding what you are looking for?

  • A-Z index - All services and programs are listed.
  • Contact us on the phone during business hours or by e-mail any time.
Browse for information