Animals and pets
Report animal cruelty or nuisances
The best way to report animal cruelty or nuisances is by phone at (360) 397-2488, Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Due to limited staff on weekends, officers will only respond to life threatening situations to a person or animal. Our offices are closed on all major holidays. If you have an emergency, please call 911.
- Cruelty and nuisance violations
- Horse neglect or abuse
- Wildlife concerns - Contact the Department of Fish and Wildlife
- Online report form
Cruelty and nuisance violations
- Inflicting pain or suffering - Intentionally or negligently causing or allowing animals to endure pain, suffering or injury, including not providing needed veterinarian care.
- Loose dogs - "Running at large" means to be off the owner's property and not under the control of either the owner or a person authorized by the owner.
- Neglect - Neglect or failure to provide minimum care sufficient to preserve the health and well-being of an animal within reasonable care, custody and control of the owner. This does not include emergencies or circumstances beyond the owner's control.
- Noise - Any animal that howls, yelps, barks or makes other noises that disturbs a person or neighborhood to an unreasonable degree. Noises must be continuous for 10 or more minutes or intermittent for 30 or more minutes, except noises made by livestock on land zoned to allow livestock.
Please submit a noise petition or a video that includes audio of the violation and the exact address of the animal.
- Too many animals - "Kennel" means either:
- Any premises used to conduct commercial business involving buying, selling, breeding for sale, letting for hire, boarding or training of dogs.
- Any premises where 10 or more adult dogs are kept for any purpose, including animal shelters.
- Vicious animals - "Vicious" means showing an unprovoked tendency to endanger the safety of people, animals or property.
Horse neglect and abuse
If you observe any of the following conditions, please contact Animal Control at (360) 397-2375 ext. 2488:
- No dry area for horse to shelter in or stand on
- Very little or no food and water
- No regular caretaker visits
- Visible hip bones and ribs
- Questionable physical appearance of other animals on the property
Online report form