Clark County logo   Clark County Washington title  
Links to finding county services
Search the Web site
Clark County home page A to Z index Find it Links to other sites News releases Contact us Link to jobs
Community Development
Business building and remodeling
Commercial projects
Energy efficient improvements
Erosion control
Green building
Residential and remodel projects
Information for industry professionals
Report building safety concerns
Who to Contact

Insulation added to wall as part of home weatherization


Community Development

Weatherization assistance

The Weatherization program, which is free to qualified low-income homeowners and renters, provides energy efficiency and indoor air quality improvements for single-family, multifamily and mobile homes.

- Do I qualify?
- What work will be done to my home?
- How do I apply?

Do I qualify?
You can apply for assistance whether you own or rent, live in a single-family home, multi-family housing complex, or a mobile home. If you rent, you need written permission from your landlord before weatherization services can be performed.

To qualify, you must meet the following income guidelines.

2015 Weatherization eligibility guidelines

Household size

Gross monthly income











6 or more

Call (360) 397-2375

What work will be done to my home?

A weatherization specialist will work with you to determine the best energy conservation measures for your home.  

Typical weatherization improvements may include:

  • Insulating attic, walls, floor, water heater and exposed pipes
  • Providing ventilation fans - electric, attic, ceiling or whole house
  • Installing weather stripping, caulking around windows and doors
  • Protecting insulation measures through minor repairs
  • Tuning up or repairing heating unit
  • Testing for indoor air pollution, mitigating problems and providing information about indoor air quality.

After the weatherization improvements are complete, an inspector will visit your home to ensure all repairs were done properly.

How do I apply?

To apply for assistance, please complete the following form. A specialist will review your application and contact you regarding your eligibility.







Mailing address

(if different)










Are you a…


Homeowner       Renter


What type of home do you have?

Site built

Mobile/manufactured home




How many people live in the home including children and non-related people?




What is the monthly gross income, before deductions, of the entire household?




Have you received energy assistance from Clark Public Utilities in the last 12 months?

Yes   No




Has the home been weatherized before?

Yes   No



What are your main concerns?






Weatherization is provided through a grant program funded by the Bonneville Power Administration, Clark Public Utilities, Department of Energy, Department of Health and Human Services, and Washington State Energy Match Maker.


Browse for information
Find it

Having trouble finding what you are looking for?

  • A-Z index - All services and programs are listed.
  • Contact us on the phone during business hours or by e-mail any time.