Clark County logo   Clark County Washington title  
Links to finding county services
Search the Web site
Clark County home page A to Z index Find it Links to other sites News releases Contact us Link to jobs
Community Development
A to Z index
Forms and fees
Property research and records
Common questions
Information for industry professionals
About Community Development
Report neighborhood and safety concerns
Who to Contact



Community Development heading

Code enforcement
Report neighborhood and safety concerns

This form is to report:

  • Clark County code violations in unincorporated Clark County.
  • If you are not sure if the property you are reporting is in unincorporated Clark County, you can look up property information online.

Important tips:

  • Clark County cannot accept anonymous complaints. See important disclosure information at the end of the form.
  • An accurate and complete address is mandatory. Inaccurate or incomplete information will delay or prevent further processing.
  • Complaints are processed in the order they are received. If additional information is required, we will call you soon.
Your contact information (required)
Name: A value is required.
Street address: A value is required.
City: A value is required.
State: A value is required. Zip: A value is required.Invalid format.
Daytime phone: A value is required.Invalid format.
E-mail: A value is required.Invalid format.
Violation information (required)
Street address: A value is required.
Zip: A value is required.

Check all violations that apply:

Zoning and development violations

A home or commercial business operating illegally
Illegally occupied recreational vehicle (RV)
Setback violations
Signs on private property
Signs illegally placed on roadside
Salvage, junk and wrecking yards
Other zoning and/or development regulation violation (describe below)

Building violations

Building without a permit
Dangerous building

Nuisance violations

Tall grass or weeds higher than 12 inches in the front or side yard only. Tall grass complaints are only taken from May 1 to September 30.
Junk or debris on private property. For household garbage complaints, please contact Public Health.

Vehicle violations

Inoperable or abandoned vehicles on private property. For abandoned vehicles on the public street please contact the Sheriff's Office by dialing 911 and stating that you have a non-emergency.
Vehicle parts stored outside

Environmental violations

Clearing, grading, or disturbance in or near a wetland, creek or stream
Clearing, grading, or disturbance in or near a wildlife habitat area
Erosion control problems
Water quality concerns

Description of alleged violation:

Brief description of where violation is located on the property (e.g.: front yard, back yard, visible from street?):

Are there any precautions advised in investigating this complaint (e.g.: dogs, aggressive owner/occupant, suspected drug activity, etc.)?

Important disclosure information:

Clark County may be required to release your name and/or information submitted in this complaint pursuant to Public Disclosure (RCW 42.56) and/or pursuant to court order.

The submittal of this public service request is subject to public disclosure according to the public records act (RCW 42.56). This means that anyone can request the release of documents containing your name and contact information. However information revealing the identity of persons who are witnesses to crimes or who files complaints with investigative agencies can be withheld from disclosure pursuant to RCW 42.56.240(2) if you believe the disclosure would endanger your life, physical safety or property.

Select one:

Yes, it is okay to disclose my name and contact information.


No, do not disclose my name or contact information because I believe disclosure will endanger my life, physical safety, or property as in RCW 42.56.240(2).

Complaints are processed in the order received. If additional information is required, we will contact you soon.

If you prefer to report by phone, call Clark County Code Enforcement at (360) 397-2408 ext. 4184.


Permit Center information

Check current wait times


Public Service Center
1300 Franklin St., 1st floor
Vancouver, WA - map


8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Wednesday: appointments only

Phone (360) 397-2375


(360) 397-2375 ext. 4807
Email for appointments

Quick find list
Browse for information
Animals and pets


Building information


Fire prevention


Land use information