Clark County Washington
Home Find It! A-Z Index Departments & Programs Jobs Contact Us
Environmental Services > Full News Release


Household hazardous waste collection event Saturday, Sept. 15


Jim Mansfield, Environmental Services
Phone: (360) 397-2121 ext. 4016

Vancouver, WA – Clark County residents can safely dispose of household hazardous waste, block foam and some electronics by dropping them off from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 15, at Fisher’s Landing Transit Center, 3510 S.E. 164th Ave.

Household hazardous waste – Includes pesticides, paints, solvents, batteries, thinners, motor oil, antifreeze and cleaners. Look for signal words such as poison, danger, warning, caution or flammable.
Accepted: Most household hazardous waste, but no commercial or industrial waste.
Not accepted: Explosives, ammunition, biological materials or business-generated hazardous waste. For information on how to properly dispose of these items, call Clark County Environmental Services at (360) 397-2121 ext. 4352.

Block foam
Accepted: Clean and bagged foam from households.
Not accepted: Plastic-wrapped yellow urethane foam, hot tub covers, packaging peanuts, soft, squishy foam or foam from businesses.

Accepted: Computers, monitors, televisions, laptops and e-readers only.
Not accepted: All other electronics, including printers, microwave ovens, smoke detectors, and small and large appliances.

Other disposal options

Block foam and electronics – For other options, look for “electronic material” and “block foam” at:

Hazardous waste – Three permanent facilities in Clark County accept residents’ household hazardous waste at no charge on specific days:

Saturday and Sunday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Central Transfer Center Station
11034 N.E. 117th Ave.
(360) 256-8482

Friday and Saturday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
West Van Recovery Center
6601 N.W. Old Lower River Road
(360) 737-1727

Third Saturdays, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Washougal Transfer Station
4020 S. Grant St.
(360) 835-2500

Disposal of household hazardous waste at permanent collection facilities or mobile collection events is free.

The permanent facilities have a 25-gallon or 220-pound limit, unlike collection events. The facilities will not accept unlabeled products, empty paint cans or other paint containers, leaking containers, explosives, ammunition, radioactive material, biological and infectious materials or hazardous waste from businesses.

Clark County and its cities also offer free home collection to certain senior citizens and residents with disabilities who have no way to transport household hazardous waste to collection facilities or mobile events. To see if you qualify, call (360) 397-2121 ext. 4352.

Collection events are sponsored by Clark County, its cities and the Washington State Department of Ecology. For additional information, call Environmental Services at (360) 397-2121 ext. 4352.

top of page


top of page

Clark County Environmental Services: Kevin Gray, Director
Street Address: 1300 Franklin Street, Vancouver, WA 98660
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 9810, Vancouver, WA 98666-9810
Main phone: (360) 397-2121| FAX: (360) 397-2062
TTY: (800) 833-6384

Clark County Home | Find It! | A-Z Index | News Releases | Jobs | Contact Us

For questions or comments regarding the Clark County Web site:

© 2008 Clark County Washington | Disclaimer and legal notice | Health Information Privacy Notice