Clark County Washington
Home Find It! A-Z Index Departments & Programs Jobs Contact Us
Community Services > Housing Preservation > Housing Rehabilitation

Housing Rehabilitation

How to Initiate the Application Process

After reviewing the Housing Rehabilitation brochure, please complete the Online Housing Rehabilitation Program Inquiry Form or print and complete the Housing Rehabilitation application to determine your eligibility.

Housing Rehabilitation Program

This program is designed to maintain the housing stock and ensure decent and safe living conditions for eligible applicants. Communities and neighborhoods also benefit by increased pride in ownership.

The Housing Rehabilitation Program is available to homeowners who live in the Clark County municipal area and in the Woodland city limits. Funding for the program is through the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Program under Title 1 of the Housing and Community Development Act of 1974.

The City of Vancouver manages a Housing Rehabilitation Loan Program for low-to-moderate income homeowners living within the city limits of Vancouver. For information please call Peggy Sheehan at (360) 487-7952 or email Interested homeowners may contact Kevin Gillette of the Community Housing Resource Center at (360) 690-4496 ext. 101 or by email at to initiate the eligibility

Single-Family Housing Rehabilitation Program

The Single-Family Residential Rehabilitation Program gives homeowners the opportunity to rehabilitate their site-built home using a qualified contractor and receiving technical assistance from a housing inspector.  This program can also assist in modifying homes for accessibility needs.

Mobile homes are not included in the program.

The rehabilitation must improve livability, increase energy efficiency, or extend the life of the property.


  • You must have owned and lived in your home for at least the past 12 months
  • Your property value cannot exceed $256,000
  • You cannot own any other real estate
  • You must qualify based on household income
  • Your property taxes and mortgage must be paid current
  • You must have sufficient equity in the home to cover the cost of the repairs
  • Your maximum allowable assets for a single person household cannot exceed $20,000, or $40,000 for two or more persons in the household

Repairs, Rehabilitation and Accessibility

The home is inspected by a Rehabilitation Specialist to determine if the repairs requested are within the scope of the program. Eligible home improvements must meet minimum HUD's Housing Quality Standards.

A contractor is selected by the homeowner to perform all work. The contractor must be licensed by the state of Washington, bonded, and qualified to perform the necessary repairs.

Types of repairs

  • Exterior repairs
  • Roof repair/replacement
  • Electrical, plumbing or mechanical repairs to existing systems
  • Reconstruction or replacement of structural components
  • Septic repair/replacement
  • Roll-in showers and grab bars
  • Ramps

Housing Rehabilitation Contact

Samantha Whitley
(360) 397-2130 ext. 7842

General Conditions and Performance Standards (pdf)

top of page

Clark County Community Services: Vanessa R. Gaston, Director
Street address: 1601 East Fourth Plain Boulevard, Bldg 17, Suite A419, Vancouver, WA 98661
Mailing address: P.O. Box 5000, Vancouver, WA 98666-9810
Main phone: (360) 397-2130 | FAX: (360) 397-6028
Community Services Fraud and Abuse Hotline
The Fraud and Abuse Hotline number is (360) 397-8030 and is for the reporting of suspected fraud or abuse related to payment for services. Messages may be left anonymously. To speak directly with the Department Compliance Officer, call (360) 397-2075 ext. 7819.
Responsible Elected Official: Board of County Councilors

Clark County Home | Find It! | A-Z Index | News Releases | Jobs | Contact Us

For questions or comments regarding the Clark County Web site:

© 2008 Clark County Washington | Disclaimer and legal notice | Health Information Privacy Notice