Clark County’s web site provides the public with convenient and efficient access to information about Clark County departments, programs, and services. Links to other web sites offer opportunities to find further information on county-related subjects.
Links from Clark County’s site
Web links are permitted that support Clark County’s governmental purposes and that provide information relevant to the functions and services provided by the county. Web links are allowed for entities that meet any of the following criteria:
- Other governmental entities, special purpose districts, and public educational institutions.
- Organizations that receive direct financial support from Clark County or that are affiliated with the services of the county.
- Nonprofit organizations that provide cultural, educational, or recreational information or activities within Clark County.
- Newsgathering organizations, either a newspaper of regular circulation no less than 5,000 that is published at least weekly, or a television or radio station that provides local news regularly and maintains a national network affiliation.
Clark County, at its sole discretion, will determine whether external links meet the guidelines described above. Generally, content that does not support the purposes of the county’s web site and that will not be linked to it include, but are not limited to, content that contains, suggests, or infers any of the following:
- Content that assists or opposes a campaign for election of any person to any office or that promotes or opposes any ballot proposition.
- Advocacy of or opposition to any politically, environmentally, or socially controversial subjects, issues, or candidates.
- Content that disparages or promotes any person or class of persons.
- Content not suitable for readers or viewers of all ages.
- Conduct that promotes or incites illegal, violent, or socially undesirable conduct.
- Promotion or availability of alcohol or tobacco products, of illegal drugs, and/or adult or sexually oriented entertainment or materials.
- Promotion, opposition, or availability of weapons and/or of gambling.
- Advocacy of any private commercial enterprise.
- Claims of efficacy, suitability, desirability, or other nonobjective statements about businesses, products, or services.
- Content that infringes on any trademark, copyright, or patent rights of another.
- Claims or representations in violation of advertising or consumer protection laws.
- Content that a reasonable citizen may consider not in keeping with the dignity and decorum appropriate for government.
Removal of links
Clark County reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to remove external links that may otherwise meet its guidelines.
Clark County’s web site contains links to other sites, which allows users to leave the county’s site. Clark County is providing those links only as a convenience. The practices and information on those sites is out of the county’s control. When linking to another site, users are subject to the privacy practices of that new site. Clark County is not responsible for them.
Neither Clark County, nor any agency, officer, or employee of Clark County warrants the accuracy, reliability, or timeliness of any information published by this system, nor endorses any content, viewpoints, products, or services linked from this system, and shall not be held liable for any losses caused by reliance on the accuracy, reliability, or timeliness of such information. Portions of such information may be incorrect or not current. Any person or entity that relies on any information obtained from this system does so at his or her own risk.