Libraries to host January health care enrollment events
In-person assisters help at Clark, Skamania, Klickitat libraries
Southwest Washington residents without health insurance can find information and assistance at enrollment events this month at libraries in Clark, Skamania and Klickitat counties. In-person assisters will provide one-on-one support, helping residents compare health insurance plans and enroll for coverage. The events are sponsored by Clark County Public Health and the Fort Vancouver Regional Library District.
Enrollment events are:
· Monday, Jan. 6, 3-6 p.m., La Center Community Library, 1411 NE Lockwood Creek Rd.
· Wednesday, Jan. 8, 3-6 p.m., Woodland Community Library, 770 Park St.
· Thursday, Jan. 9, 3-6 p.m., Vancouver Community Library, 901 C St.
· Saturday, Jan. 18, 10 a.m. - 1 p.m., Washougal Community Library, 1661 C St.
· Saturday, Jan. 18, 3-6 p.m., The Mall Library Connection, 8700 NE Vancouver Mall Dr., Ste. 285 in Westfield Vancouver Mall
· Wednesday, Jan. 22, 3-6 p.m., Battle Ground Community Library, 1207 SE 8th Way
· Thursday, Jan. 23, 3-6 p.m., Ridgefield Community Library, 210 N Main Ave.
· Wednesday, Jan. 29, 3-6 p.m., Cascade Park Community Library, 600 NE 136th Ave.
· Thursday, Jan. 30, 3-6 p.m., Three Creeks Community Library, 800 NE Tenney Rd., Vancouver
· Saturday, Jan. 18, 3-6 p.m., White Salmon Valley Community Library, 77 NE Wauna Ave.
· Saturday, Jan. 25, 10 a.m. - 1 p.m., Goldendale Community Library, 131 West Burgen St.
· Thursday, Jan. 16, 3-6 p.m., Stevenson Community Library, 120 NW Vancouver Ave.
The enrollment events also are listed on the Fort Vancouver Regional Library District website.
In-person assisters can answer questions about health coverage options and financial help for qualifying consumers through Washington HealthPlanFinder. All health plans offered through Washington HealthPlanFinder meet strict benefit and quality standards and cover essential benefits, including doctor visits, hospital stays, prescriptions and regular check-ups.
An individual earning up to $45,000 a year and a family of four earning up to $94,000 may qualify for financial help toward premiums and copays. Free and low-cost coverage also is available.
In addition to the enrollment events, residents can:
· Call 855-WAFINDER (1-855-923-4633) for toll-free customer support, weekdays 7:30 a.m. to 8 p.m. Representatives speak nearly 175 languages.
· Email customer support.
· Shop for insurance online.
Business owners can get information about Washington HealthPlanFinder on Wednesday, Jan. 15, 5:30-7:30 p.m. at the Cascade Park Community Library, 600 NE 136th Ave.
top of page