County seeks applications for Historic Preservation Commission vacancies
Vancouver, WA – The Board of County Commissioners is seeking applicants to fill two vacancies on the Clark County Historic Preservation Commission.
The terms are for three years, and begin in July.
The five-member commission is responsible for:
• Reviewing nominations to the National Register of Historic Places
• Reviewing nominations and designating properties to the Clark County Heritage Register
• Conducting design review for changes to buildings and sites on the local register
• Reviewing and deciding applications for the Special Valuation Tax Incentive for historic properties
• Overseeing education and outreach
The commission typically meets at 6 p.m. the first Tuesday of each month. Applicants must have demonstrated interest, experience or knowledge in history, historic preservation, architecture or related disciplines such as planning, cultural anthropology, archaeology, cultural geography, American studies or historic rehabilitation or restoration.
To apply, submit a letter of interest and resume to Jennifer Clark, Board of County Commissioners, P.O. Box 5000, Vancouver, WA 98666-5000 or email@example.com.
Application deadline is 5 p.m. Friday, April 11, 2014.
top of page