Employment Zones Streamlining Project
The Employment Zones Task Force is responsible for:
- Reviewing models that have been used in comparable counties to simplify codes and zones to ensure more flexibility, the guiding purpose being to diversify and enhance business retention and expansion in Clark County.
- Assessing the suitable mix of employment zones that foster economic development growth and high-paying jobs in Clark County.
- Evaluating the appropriateness of the purpose statements and uses in employment land CCC Section 40.230.030(A) (zones OC, BP), CCC Section 40.230.080(A) (zones ML, MH & IR), and in the Comprehensive Growth Management Plan.
- Inventorying existing employment zones, properties, and constraints which impede jobs-producing development. Gathering information regarding size, access, and compatibility with other uses.
- Re-assessing development standards. Creating and recommending standards that would not burden the County's ability to promote business vitality and economic well-being.
- Developing recommendations by December 2011 that will serve as a revised employment zone(s) for Clark County. The goal of these recommendations will be to structure the zone(s) in a manner that enhances development while safeguarding manufacturing areas in our community.
Employment Zones Task Force philosphophy (PDF)
Agenda, notes and handouts