Commission on Aging speakers bureau
Request a speaker
Volunteers are available to present information about the Commission on Aging and the various projects underway in a 30 minute presentation or less (plus question and answer).
If you are interested in scheduling a presentation or having a Commission on Aging member participate in an upcoming tabling event, please contact commission staff at (360) 397-2280 ext. 4913 or by email at email@example.com.
See below for request requirements.
Due to staffing and other factors, Commission on Aging is not able to fill all requests. We must consider such things as date/time/location of event and speaker availability. For your request to be considered, we ask the following:
- For events greater than 50 miles of Vancouver, please submit your request at least six weeks prior to the event.
- For events within fifty miles of Vancouver, please submit your request at least thirty days prior to the event.
- Provide details about your event location, date, time and an audience overview, including an estimated number of participants
Terms and conditions
- Commission on Aging (CoA) speakers may not participate in any activity that is associated with fundraising, promotional activities or endorsements, either directly or indirectly.
- CoA speakers may not participate in any activity in which any group has been unlawfully segregated or unequally treated on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, disability, religion, age, or sexual orientation.
- CoA speakers are not allowed to accept honoraria, stipends or fees for speaking.
- Due to budgetary limitations, CoA may not be able to fund the travel for events requiring the speaker to travel 50 miles or more.
- CoA members do have authority to have travel expenses paid for them by other organizations for meetings or speaking engagements that require travel but they cannot accept cash reimbursement.
For additional information about the speaker's bureau or the Commission on Aging, please contact commission staff at (360) 397-2280 ext. 4913 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.