Comprehensive Growth Management Plan
Environmental Impact Statement
The Final Environmental Impact Statement (FEIS) examines the potential effects from increasing population and changes in urban growth boundaries in Clark County. The FEIS was prepared as part of the ongoing effort to revise the Comprehensive Growth Management Plan, including urban areas designated to meet the projected need for new jobs and homes through 2024.
There are several ways to access the FEIS.
- Download a free copy of the FEIS
Maps/figures are separate documents below:
- Purchase a copy on compact disc for $5 or a printed copy for $32 at the following locations:
- Clark Public Service Center, 1300 Franklin St., first floor permit center, Vancouver.
Hours: 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m, Monday through Friday with the exception of Wednesday which opens at 10 a.m.
- Battle Ground Permit Services Center, 1808 SW 9th Ave., Suite 101, Battle Ground.
Hours: 9 a.m. - 4 p.m. Monday through Friday, with the exception of Wednesday which opens at 1 p.m.
- A reference copy of the document is available for review at the following city halls:
- Battle Ground City Hall, 109 SW First Ave.
- Camas City Hall, 616 NE Fourth Ave.
- La Center City Hall, 214 E. Fourth St.
- Ridgefield City Hall, 230 Pioneer St.
- Vancouver City Hall, 210 East 13th St.
- Washougal City Hall, 1701 C St.
- Yacolt Town Hall, 105 E. Yacolt Road
- A reference copy of the document is available for review at the following libraries
- Fort Vancouver Regional Library, 1007 E. Mill Plain Blvd.
- Westfield Mall Branch, 8700 NE Vancouver Mall Drive
- Three Creeks Branch, 800-C NE Tenny Road
- Cascade Park Branch, 301 SE Hearthwood
- Washougal Branch, 1661 C St.
- Camas Library, 421 Franklin St.
- Battle Ground Branch. 12 W. Main St.
- Ridgefield Branch, 210 N. Main St.
Groundwork for the Final EIS
Clark County held a scoping open house on October 18, 2005. The purpose of 'scoping' is to compile a list of topics to be studied in the EIS. Here are materials related to the meeting:
At a work session on December 13, 2005, the commissioners approved three alternatives to receive detailed study prior to any further action. These alternatives are:
- Alternative 1 (PDF 8.3MB): A "No Action" alternative reflecting the growth plan adopted in September 2004.
- Alternative 2 (PDF 8.3MB): The "2005 Discussion Map" alternative, which encompasses values, principles, planning assumptions, and growth projections identified by the commissioners to guide additional work.
- Alternative 3 (PDF 8.3MB): A "Geographic Flexibility Map" alternative to examine lands that could be used to adjust or refine Alternative 2, to create a more formal proposal for new boundaries.
Public open houses were held on February 9 and 23, 2006 to present the EIS alternatives and to update the public on the progress of the comprehensive plan update.
Summary of comments from February 2006 (PDF)
The county worked with the consulting firm David Evans and Associates to prepare a Draft Environmental Impact Statement released in August 2006.