Employment Zones Streamlining Task Force
|• Documents - general information, studies and reports
The Clark County Employment Zones Streamlining Task Force will assess the County's employment zones to ensure that the current zoning promotes economic development. The Task Force will concentrate on providing opportunities for manufacturing and industrial facilities that create sustainable, high-paying jobs.
The group will create recommendations to the Board of Clark County Commissioners through the Planning Commission using the Comprehensive Growth Management Plan chapters on Land Use Element and Economic Development.
- Review models that have been used in comparable counties to simplify codes and zones to ensure more flexibility, the guiding purpose being to diversify and enhance business retention and expansion in Clark County.
- Assess the suitable mix of employment zones that foster economic development growth and high-paying jobs in Clark County.
- Evaluate the appropriateness of the purpose statements and uses in employment land CCC Section 40.230.030(A) (zones OC, BP), CCC Section 40.230.080(A) (zones ML, MH & IR), and in the Comprehensive Growth Management Plan.
- Inventory existing employment zones, properties, and constraints which impede jobs-producing development. Gather information regarding size, access, and compatibility with other uses.
- Re-assess development standards. Create and recommend standards that would not burden the County's ability to promote business vitality and economic well-being.
- Develop recommendations by December 2011 that will serve as a revised employment zone(s) for Clark County. The goal of these recommendations will be to structure the zone(s) in a manner that enhances development while safeguarding manufacturing areas in our community.
Meeting agendas and notes (PDF files)
Task force members