Clark County Historic Preservation Commission vacancy
Jacqui Kamp, Community Planning
Vancouver, WA – The Board of County Commissioners is seeking applicants to fill a vacancy on the Clark County Historic Preservation Commission.
The duties of the five-member Historic Preservation Commission are to:
• Review nominations for the National Register of Historic Places.
• Review nominations and designate properties to the Clark County Heritage Register.
• Conduct design review for changes to historic/landmark buildings and sites on the local register.
• Review and decide on applications for the Special Valuation Tax Incentive Program for historic properties.
• Oversee education and outreach activities related to historic preservation.
The position is for a three-year term. People interested in volunteering for the commission must have experience or a knowledge of history, historic preservation, architecture or related disciplines such as history, public history, architectural history, planning, cultural anthropology, archaeology, cultural geography, American studies and the practice of historic rehabilitation or restoration. The commission usually meets at 6 p.m. the first Tuesday of each month at the O.O. Howard House, 750 Anderson St., on Officers Row.
Applicants should submit a letter of interest and resume to Jacqui Kamp, Community Planning, P.O. Box 9810, Vancouver, Wash. 98666-2011 or email materials to email@example.com.
Deadline is no later than 5 p.m. Tuesday, April 9, 2013.