Clark County logo   Clark County Washington title  
Links to finding county services
Search the Web site
Clark County home page A to Z index Find it Links to other sites News releases Contact us Link to jobs
Community Planning
Current projects
Completed projects
A to Z index
Contact us


Transportation planning

County accepting shelter reservations beginning on Monday, March 3


Eric Christensen, Public Works
Phone: (360) 397-6118 ext. 1680

Vancouver, WA – Starting Monday, March 3, Clark County residents can reserve picnic shelters at county parks for family reunions, company picnics and other warm-weather gatherings.

The county will begin taking shelter reservations at 7 a.m. Monday, March 3, at the Public Works Operation Center, 4700 N.E. 78th St.

The operations center will open at 5:30 a.m. At that time, parks staff will begin distributing tickets so people don’t have to wait in line until 7 a.m.

Shelter reservations also can be made by phone, beginning at 10 a.m. March 3. Call (360) 397-2446 to reserve a shelter.

Shelters can be reserved in the following parks for events taking place May 1 to Sept. 30:
• Lewisville Regional Park (13 shelters)
• Vancouver Lake Regional Park (two shelters)
• Frenchman’s Bar Regional Park (two shelters)
• Captain William Clark Regional Park at Cottonwood Beach (two shelters)
• Salmon Creek Regional Park/Klineline Pond (two shelters)

Reservation fees for picnic shelters are $25 to $100 per day, depending on the size of the shelter. The revenue helps pay for parks maintenance and operations. Shelters not reserved will remain available on a first-come, first-served basis at no charge, as are shelters in all other parks.

Clark County Parks is developing an online system so park users can make reservations electronically using credit cards. However, this system will take time to set up, and the county wants to be sure it will function correctly before opening it.

No shelter reservations will be accepted before March 3. Park users who want to schedule sports fields or obtain special use permits for weddings, regattas and other events can contact Eric Christensen at (360) 397-6118 ext. 1680 or

top of page

Find it

Having trouble finding what you are looking for?

  • A-Z index - All services and programs are listed.
  • Contact us on the phone during business hours or by e-mail any time.
Browse for information
Comprehensive Grwoth Management Plan
Comprehensive Growth Management Plan
Land use planning
Land use planning
Transportation planning
Transportation planning
Historic Preservation
Historic preservation