|Children with Special Needs
Public Health supports families with children with special health care needs. All children who are at risk or have a health and/or developmental problems are eligible for care coordination regardless of income.
A nurse care coordinator will:
- Screen children who are at risk for development delay.
- Refer you to local resources for early intervention services – physical, occupational and speech therapy, and pre-school.
- Assist with specific areas of concern, such as nutrition, feeding, growth, development and behaviors issues.
- Provide information about your child's medical condition.
- Provide referrals to parent support organizations.
- Help your family locate financial assistance to pay for your child's care.
For more information or to refer a child call (360) 397-8440 or fill out the following form and fax to (360) 397-8442.
Printable CSN Referral Form pdf 12.1KB
Printable CSN Brochure pdf 132KB
Track Your Child's Developmental Milestones -- Your child's early development is a journey, click on this CDC brochure pdf or CDC brochure in Spanish pdf to know what to look for along the way.
Early Screening and Intervention for Developmental Delay is Key to Helping Your Child Reach Their Maximum Potential -- click on this printable brochure pdf for resources in community that help
identify infants/children as early as possible who may benefit from further evaluation and/or early intervention services.
CHILD HEALTH NOTES - A quarterly newsletter focusing on a topic of interest for families and providers working with children who have special health care needs.