|Children with Special Needs
Public Health supports families with children with special health care needs. All children who are at risk or have a health and/or developmental problems are eligible for care coordination regardless of income.
A nurse care coordinator will:
- Screen children who are at risk for development delay.
- Refer you to local resources for early intervention services – physical, occupational and speech therapy, and pre-school.
- Assist with specific areas of concern, such as nutrition, feeding, growth, development and behaviors issues.
- Provide information about your child's medical condition.
- Provide referrals to parent support organizations.
- Help your family locate financial assistance to pay for your child's care.
For more information call (360) 397-8472.
Printable CSN Brochure pdf 132KB
Early Screening and Intervention for Developmental Delay is Key to Helping Your Child Reach Their Maximum Potential -- click on this printable brochure pdf for more information.
CHILD HEALTH NOTES - A quarterly newsletter focusing on a topic of interest for families and providers working with children who have special health care needs.