Facilities serving food to the public such as restaurants, delis, grocery stores and temporary vendors must obtain a permit and be routinely inspected. Clark County has more than 1,500 permitted food service facilities that, depending on the complexity of their menu and preparation processes, receive one or more unannounced inspections per year.
To view inspection results enter a restaurant name or part of the name then click the submit button.
Example: Enter queen for a list of all Dairy Queens in Clark County
Two types of violations are recorded on the inspection report.
- Red violations reflect conditions that create a high risk of food borne illnesses or injury, such as failure to ensure:
- Temperature is controlled, such as holding foods hot enough until served, cooking meats to the proper temperature and keeping foods cold enough
- Proper hand washing facilities and procedures are followed
- Bare hand contact with ready to eat foods is avoided
- Foods are properly cooled and/or re-heated
- Food is obtained from approved sources
- Food is protected from cross contamination
- Blue violations reflect conditions that have a low risk of transmitting food borne illness or injury, but fail to control potential contamination of foods from addition of bacteria, chemicals or physical objects, such as failure to ensure:
- Utensils and equipment are properly constructed and cleaned
- Sewage and garbage disposal facilities are adequate
- Vector control measures are effective
- Proper hygienic practices are followed
Each violation is given a numerical value (2-30) based on its risk of causing food borne illness. Blue violations should be corrected immediately when possible, but generally do not impose an immediate risk to the public. Red violations involving food safety must be corrected immediately. There are 330 possible red points and 88 possible blue points for a total of 418 points. A facility found with 20 or more red violation points is subject to an automatic follow-up inspection. A facility with 100 or more total points is subject to automatic closure.