Libraries to host November health care enrollment events
In-person assisters help at Clark, Skamania, Klickitat libraries
Lynn Johnson, Public Health
Vancouver, WA – Clark County Public Health and the Fort Vancouver Regional Library District are co-sponsoring a series of health care enrollment events this month at libraries in Clark, Skamania and Klickitat counties. In-person assisters will provide one-on-one support, helping residents without health insurance compare plans and enroll in insurance for coverage beginning January 1.
Enrollment events are:
- Wednesday, Nov. 6, 3-6 p.m., Washougal Community Library, 1661 C St., Washougal
- Friday, Nov. 8, 3-6 p.m., Vancouver Community Library, Columbia Room, 901 C St.
- Saturday, Nov. 9, 3-6 p.m., The Mall Library Connection, 8700 NE Vancouver Mall Dr., Ste. 285
- Thursday, Nov. 14, 3-6 p.m., Ridgefield Community Library, 210 N. Main Ave., Ridgefield
- Tuesday, Nov. 19, 3-6 p.m., Woodland Community Library, 770 Park St., Woodland
- Wednesday, Nov. 20, 3-6 p.m., Battle Ground Community Library, 1207 SE 8th Way, Battle Ground
- Thursday, Nov. 21, 3-6 p.m., Cascade Park Community Library, 600 NE 136th Ave.
- Thursday, Nov. 7, 3-6 p.m., Goldendale Community Library, 131 W. Burgen St., Goldendale
- Thursday, Nov. 21, 3-6 p.m., Stevenson Community Library, 120 N.W. Vancouver Ave., Stevenson
The libraries also will host enrollment events in January. For a list of enrollment events in November and January, go to the library district website at http://mylibrary2.fvrl.org/AffordableCare.html.
In-person assisters will answer questions about health coverage options and financial help for qualifying consumers through Washington HealthPlanFinder. All health plans offered through Washington HealthPlanFinder meet strict benefit and quality standards and cover essentials, including doctor visits, hospital stays, prescriptions and regular check-ups. A person earning up to $45,000 and a family of four earning up to $94,000 a year may qualify for financial help for premiums and copays. Free and low-cost coverage also is available.
In addition to meeting with in-person assisters, residents can:
- Call 855-WAFINDER (1-855-923-4633) for toll-free customer support, weekdays 7:30 a.m. to 8 p.m. Trained representatives are available to provide assistance in nearly 175 languages.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Shop for insurance online by visiting www.WaHealthPlanFinder.org.