|Fact sheets and reports
The fact sheets and reports below include general overviews of the health of our community as well as subject-specific examinations of health data and their public health implications.
Access to health care
Clark County overviews
- Clark County Community Health Assessment 2015 - Describes how a broad community health assessment identified the top health issues through local data and community input. Sections examine county demographics, social determinants of health, health status, and priority health issues.
- Healthy Columbia Willamette Collaborative - A partnership between local public health departments and non-profit hospitals in the Portland/Vancouver area to develop a regional community health needs assessment and implementation strategies to address regional health needs.
- Health Status Assessment – Lists the top health-related behavior and outcome indicators affecting each of the four counties as well as the four-county region.
- Growing Healthier Report - Examines how the community makes decisions that help Clark County grow in a way that promotes health through the lens of the Clark County Comprehensive Growth Management Plan, the county's plan to guide growth and land use.
- 2010 Community Assessment, Planning, and Evaluation (CAPE) Report (PDF)
- Report highlights - Lists all indicators that have changed over time in Clark County, indicators for which Clark County is different than Washington State, and indicators that vary by demographic characteristic within Clark County.
- Indicator summary table - Provides a summary of all indicators organized by chapter heading.
- Introduction - Includes data on all-cause mortality, life expectancy, leading causes of death, years of potential life lost, median household income, adult educational attainment, and free and reduced-priced meal participation.
- Emotional health and substance abuse -
Includes data on alcohol availability, poor adult emotional health, adult binge drinking, suicide, youth depression, and youth alcohol, marijuana, and methamphetamine use.
- Environmental health - Includes data on vehicle miles traveled per capita, single occupancy vehicle commute trips, Group B systems current with water monitoring requirements, air quality, and food service inspection results.
- Access to care - Includes data on first trimester prenatal care, Adult health care coverage, Adults with a personal doctor, Adult dental visit in the past year, and Adults who could not afford to see a doctor.
- Abuse and neglect - Includes data on child abuse and neglect, elder abuse, and domestic violence.
- Overweight and obesity - Includes data on adult obesity, adult overweight and obesity, youth obesity, and youth overweight and obesity.
- Nutrition - Includes data on food stamp participation, adult fruit and vegetable consumption, youth fruit and vegetable consumption, and sweetened beverage consumption at school.
- Physical activity - Includes data on adult leisure time physical activity, daily physical education attendance, and youth physical activity.
- Sexual and reproductive health - Includes data on teen births and Chlamydia.
- 2010 Community Assessment, Planning, and Evaluation (CAPE) Report Appendix (PDF)
- Community report card, 2009 (PDF)
- Demographics - updated December 2014 (PDF)
- Exploring the Clark County food system - August 2008 report (PDF)
- The Health of Clark County: Facts at a glance - June 2008 (PDF)
Health behaviors and risk factors
Healthy Youth Survey reports - Clark County - 2014
Infectious and communicable disease
Injury, crime and violence
Maternal and child health
Health Impact Assessment