About Public Works
In December 2010, Public Works completed work on an update to the department’s strategic plan. This guiding document retains the mission, vision, values and guiding principles previously developed by the department and adds seven overarching goals. The plan also includes a list of one-time “action items,” most of which would be completed in the 2011-2012 biennium.
In January 2013, Public Works completed an update of this plan to remove action items that had been completed and to add new ones for the 2013-2014 biennium.
2013-2014 Strategic Plan (PDF)
We enhance Clark County's quality of life by providing transportation, environmental, and parks facilities and services.
We deliver superior service that is responsive and cost-justified.
- Provide safe and efficient transportation systems within Clark County.
- Continue responsible stewardship of public funds.
- Promote family-wage job creation and economic development to support a thriving community.
- Maintain a desirable quality of life.
- Improve environmental stewardship and protection of natural resources.
- Increase partnerships and foster an engaged, informed community.
- Make Public Works a great place to work.