Annual park and boat launch passes make great holiday gifts
New discounts to improve access for seniors, vets, volunteers, disabled
Brian Potter, Vancouver-Clark Parks and Recreation
Vancouver, WA – Are you still looking for a great holiday gift for an outdoor enthusiast? Vancouver-Clark Parks and Recreation’s annual parking pass may be just the thing.
The $40 pass is good for unlimited access to four of Clark County’s most popular regional parks and two boat launches Jan. 1-Dec. 31, 2012. Passes can be purchased at the following locations:
• Marshall Community Center, 1009 E. McLoughlin Blvd., Vancouver, (360) 487-7100
• Firstenburg Community Center, 700 NE 136th Ave., Vancouver, (360) 487-7001
• Vancouver City Hall, 415 W. Sixth St., Vancouver, (360) 487-8000
• Battle Ground Community Center, 912 E. Main St., Battle Ground, (360) 342-5380
“The annual parking pass will pay for itself even if you only use it twice a month,” said Pete Mayer, parks and recreation director. “For our regular park and boat launch visitors, the savings can be quite significant.”
Starting this year, the county is offering a 25 percent ($10) discount on the annual parking passes for the following groups:
• Seniors (62 and older)
• Veterans and active military/National Guard personnel
• Disabled citizens
• Park volunteers with 24 or more hours of service on approved projects
Discounts are applied at the time of purchase. Only one type of discount can be applied to each purchase. Proof of age, veteran or military status, disability or approved volunteer hours is required.
For the frequent visitor, an annual parking pass is an economical alternative to the daily parking fee ($2 for motorcycles, $3 for cars, $6 for cars with trailers and $8 for buses and some RVs). Revenue from parking is used to help pay for maintenance and operations.
The annual pass may be used at the following county-owned parks and boat launches:
• Vancouver Lake Park
• Frenchman’s Bar Park
• Lewisville Park
• Salmon Creek Park/Klineline Pond
• Daybreak Boat Launch on the East Fork Lewis River
• Haapa Boat Launch on the North Fork Lewis River
Please visit www.vanclarkparks-rec.org for more information about parking passes and to qualify for the new discounts.