Clark County logo   Clark County Washington title  
Links to finding county services
Search the Web site
Clark County home page A to Z index Find it Links to other sites News releases Contact us Link to jobs
Parks and trails
How do I...?
Find a park or trail
Park features
Reservations and events
Park rules
Projects and planning
Comprehensive Parks Plan
Parks Advisory Board
Report vandalism or maintenance concerns
Who to contact
Clark County parks and trails

Parks and trails
How do I...?

Reserve a picnic shelter or schedule a sports field?

Please note that reservations are not required for non-exclusive use of parks facilities. They are available free of charge, on a first-come, first served basis, unless the facility is reserved for exclusive use for a special event.

If your special event requires exclusive use to ensure a particular facility is available and ready upon your arrival, a reservation is highly recommended. Reservations help county parks staff coordinate with other events to ensure your exclusive use and provide adequate information to properly prepare for the event.

To use Clark County's online parks reservation system, go to the online reservations page and create an account. Frequently asked questions about online registration can be found at the bottom of the screen.

Once you are registered, click on the reservations button near the upper left corner of the screen to reserve picnic shelters or schedule sports fields.

Phone reservations also can be made by calling (360) 397-2285.

Report graffiti or other vandalism?

If you spot vandalism in progress, please report it to law enforcement immediately by calling 911.

If you see graffiti or other vandalism after the fact, you can report it by calling the Public Works customer service line at (360) 397-2446 or by submitting an online maintenance request.

Clark County also offers up to a $250 reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of anyone vandalizing county parks. If you have information about vandalism at a county park, please complete a Citizen's Tip Report form (PDF).

Report a maintenance issue?

Call the Public Works customer service line at (360) 397-2446 or file an online maintenance request.

Purchase a bench in memory of a loved one?

Donations to county parks can be made through the Parks Foundation of Clark County. For more information, call the Parks Foundation at (360) 487-8370.

Get more information about an upcoming project?

Go to “Active Projects” and select a specific project.

Learn about volunteering in county parks?

Information can be found on the "Volunteer" webpage. Current volunteer opportunities can be found at You also can contact Karen Llewellyn, Volunteer Program Coordinator, at (360) 397-6118 ext. 1627 or

Find out what facilities are provided in a particular park?

Each county park has its own webpage that lists facilities and amenities, plus other useful information. To see a list of all parks, go to “Find a park or trail.”

Find out when restrooms are open and when barbecue grills are available?

Restrooms are locked and barbecue grills are removed during winter months when parks receive fewer users. Generally speaking, barbecue grills are available from April 1 through Oct. 15 and restrooms are unlocked from April 15 through Oct. 15.

During winter months, a portable toilet is typically provided at larger parks that have restrooms. Keep in mind that smaller parks often do not have restrooms or barbecue grills.

Learn why there are not restrooms and parking lots at all county parks?

Neighborhood parks are smaller parks, usually no more than 6 acres, that are intended to serve residents in the immediate vicinity of the park and cater to those who can walk to the park. Larger community and regional parks are destinations for people who typically will drive to the parks.

Determine the length of a path or trail at a particular park?

Go to “Find a park or trail” and click on a specific park. Under "Facilities", there should be an indication of the length of asphalt or concrete paths and dirt or gravel trails.

Find out if hunting is allowed in county parks?

Clark County Code prohibits hunting in county parks.

Review general rules or specific county code for using county parks?

Go to “Park rules” or Chapter 9.05 (Park Rules) in the Clark County code.

Contact Clark County Parks?

You can contact Clark County Parks at (360) 397-2285 or email at


Browse for information
Find it

Having trouble finding what you are looking for?

  • A-Z index - All services and programs are listed.
  • Contact us on the phone during business hours or by email any time.