- Project number: 301322
- Project limits: NW La Center Road south to 10th Avenue
- Current status: Final work expected to be completed in October 2013.
- Project type: Improve existing two-lane road
Project update - Oct0ber 2013
Rotschy Inc., a contractor working for Clark County, has finished installing the water line and paving the two-lane roadway. Striping and other final work should be completed in the next week or so.
Clark County will work with Clark Public Utilities and the cities of Ridgefield and La Center to improve NW Timmen Road/10th Avenue.
The project will involve:
- Installing a 24-inch water line for Clark Public Utilities under the roadway.
- Crushing the roadway and using it as base material before applying a hot mix asphalt driving surface.
- Adding turn lanes at NW Timmen Road’s T-intersection with NW La Center Road, specifically a westbound left-turn lane on NW La Center Road and northbound right-turn lane on NW Timmen Road.
- Upgrading and adding guardrails and making other safety improvements.
Sections of the existing roadway have extensive cracking, uneven pavement and other problems. The project will improve safety on NW Timmen Road by creating a smoother driving surface. It also will improve safety by creating a turn lane on NW La Center Road, which will allow vehicles to queue
out of the westbound travel lane.
Construction will result in a 3.16-mile section of NW Timmen Road being closed to through traffic, from NW La Center Road south to Fifth Street, for about three months.
During this period, there will be limited access for local residents and businesses. Through traffic can bypass the construction area by diverting onto Interstate 5 between the La Center (Exit 16) and Ridgefield (Exit 14) interchanges. The detour length is 5.3 miles.
Clark County Public Works
(360) 397-6118 ext. 4372