CURBSIDE YARD DEBRIS
Yard debris is a valuable resource. Although most yard debris can be added to a home compost system, sometimes homeowners generate more organic waste than they can handle. In this case, you can opt for curbside yard debris pickup.
Yard debris is an optional program that is available to single family residences, multi-family complexes and commercial businesses in Clark County. Yard debris service is provided every other week, except in Ridgefield where service is weekly.
Waste Connections serves residents of Vancouver, Ridgefield, La Center, Camas, Washougal, Battle Ground, Yacolt, unincorporated urban boundary areas of the county and select rural areas. Costs and pick-up days vary. Subscribers are given free use of a 64 gallon cart and a special "Yard Debris" sticker for their 32 gallon can. Contact Waste Connections, Inc (360) 892-5370 or email email@example.com.
If you live in the City of Vancouver, Battle Ground, La Center, Ridgefield or in unincorporated Clark County, you can choose to go to on-call service for part of the year. You would pay a small monthly cart rental charge and only pay for disposal service when you call for a pick-up.
Yard Debris Do's and Don'ts
- If you have more than your yard debris roller cart can hold, use a 32 gallon can or Kraft bag (available at most retailers).
- Display yard debris sticker prominently on cart or can and facing the street.
- Can closed to keep out rain water.
- Bundle and tie brushy materials no longer than five feet in length and two feet in diameter. Please no wire ties.
- DO NOT place yard debris in plastic bags.
- Acceptable yard debris includes:
Leaves, weeds, pruning's, grass clippings, brush and woody materials up to 4" in diameter and 5' in length.
- Acceptable weight limits are:
No more than 120 lbs. in a 64 gallon cart.
No more than 60 lbs. in a 32 gallon can
No more than 96 gallons each pick-up
Christmas trees free of flocking and tinsel will be picked up in place of your 32 gallon can. For large residential and commercial projects, yard debris drop box (10+ yards) are available. Contact your hauling company.