The Clark County Solid Waste Program provides education and technical support to all schools located in Clark County. The Clark County Solid Waste Program works closely with teachers, principles, administrators, and parents to educate students about the 4-R's (Reduce, Reuse, Recycle, and Rot ...or should we say, Compost). We offer technical assistance to schools through waste audits, onsite school assistance and offer recommendations and support to reduce the amount of waste generated at schools.
We are able to provide schools with:
- Classroom presentations about the 4 R's
- Free assembly program for participating SOS schools
- Field trips to West Van Materials Recovery Center
- Teacher support via teacher workshops
- Waste audits
- Curriculum resources
- Student workbooks and posters
- Education Teachers' Trunks to check out
- Recycling containers
For more information please visit the SOS Website.