Clark County Washington
Home Find It! A-Z Index Departments & Programs Jobs Contact Us
Public Works > Recycling > HHW > Proper Disposal of HHW

Curbside Collection of Some Household Hazardous Wastes (HHW)

Some Household Hazardous Wastes are collected at curbside along with recycle materials.

Empty aerosol cans: Remove and discard plastic caps.

Motor oil/antifreeze: must be in a clear one-gallon container with a screw-on top.
Do not mix oil and antifreeze together or with any other material.

Household batteries: should be placed in a clear plastic bag and on top of the cart.
Include flashlight, hearing aid and rechargeable batteries (alkaline, ni-cad and lithium). Do not set out vehicle batteries; they may be taken to a variety of Collection Sites.

For all other HHW visit: HHW - Disposal

Help a neighbor and the environment too.
Heading to the transfer station with recycling or household hazardous waste?   Good job!  That is a great way to help the environment; but it could even be better if you saved someone else a trip. Check with your neighbors (especially  those  who  may be elderly or have a disability) to see if they also have some recycling or household hazardous waste that you could take.  For information about recycling at the County's transfer stations  visit Transfer Station Recycling.

top of page

Clark County Environmental Services - Recycling and Solid Waste
Anita Largent, Interim Director

Street Address: 1300 Franklin Street, 1st Floor, Vancouver, WA 98660
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 9810, Vancouver, WA 98666-9810
Main phone: (360) 397-2121 | Fax: (360) 397-2062
Relay 711 or (800) 833-6384

Clark County Home | Find It! | A-Z Index | News Releases | Jobs | Contact Us

For questions or comments regarding the Clark County Web site:

© 2008 Clark County Washington | Disclaimer and legal notice | Health Information Privacy Notice