Clark County Washington
Home Find It! A-Z Index Departments & Programs Jobs Contact Us
Public Works > Recycling > Yard Debris > Curbside Collection Program

Yard Debris Curbside Collection

Yard debris is a valuable resource. Although most yard debris can be added to a home compost system, sometimes homeowners generate more organic waste than they can handle. In this case, you can opt for curbside yard debris pickup.

Yard debris is an optional program that is available to single family residences, multi-family complexes and commercial businesses in Clark County. Yard debris service is provided every other week, except in Ridgefield where service is weekly.

Waste Connections serves residents of Vancouver, Ridgefield, La Center, Camas, Washougal, Battle Ground, Yacolt, unincorporated urban boundary areas of the county and select rural areas. Costs and pick-up days vary. Subscribers are given free use of a 64 gallon cart and a special "Yard Debris" sticker for their 32 gallon can. Contact Waste Connections, Inc (360) 892-5370 or email

If you live in the City of Vancouver, Battle Ground, La Center, Ridgefield or in unincorporated Clark County, you can choose to go to on-call service for part of the year. You would pay a small monthly cart rental charge and only pay for disposal service when you call for a pick-up.

Yard Debris Do's and Don'tsYard Debris Do's and Don'ts

  • If you have more materials than your yard debris roller cart can hold, use a 32 gallon can or Kraft bag (available at most retailers).
  • Display yard debris sticker prominently on cart or can with the sticker facing the street.
  • Keep cart or can lids closed to keep out rain water.
  • Bundle and tie brushy materials - bundles must be no longer than five feet in length and one foot in diameter. Please no wire ties.
  • DO NOT place yard debris in plastic bags.
  • Acceptable yard debris includes:
    Leaves, weeds, pruning's, grass clippings, brush and woody materials up to 4" in diameter and 5' in length.
  • Acceptable weight limits are:
    No more than 120 lbs. in a 64 gallon cart.
    No more than 60 lbs. in a 32 gallon can
    No more than 96 gallons each pick-up

Other Services

For large residential and commercial projects, yard debris drop box (10+ yards) are available. Contact your hauling company.

Self-Haul Option - Do-it yourselfers may haul their yard debris to several facilities. All charge a fee based on quantity. Most of these companies compost yard waste and resell it to businesses and the public. They produce high quality finished compost, generally free of weeds, seeds and pathogens. Many of these companies also accept landscape timbers and wood wastes from remodeling and construction. Resources include:

Central Transfer and Recycling Center
11034 NE 117th Avenue
Vancouver, WA

(360) 256-8482

City Bark
2419 NE Andresen Road
Vancouver, WA 98661

(360) 253-8461

H & H Wood Recyclers
8401 NE 117th Avenue,
Vancouver, WA

(360) 892-2805

McFarlane's Bark
8806 NE 117th Avenue
Vancouver, WA

(360) 892-6125

Triangle Resources
612 SE Union
Camas, WA

(360) 834-7253

Washougal Transfer Station
4020 S. Grant Street
Washougal, WA

(360) 835-2500

West Van Materials Recovery Center
6601 NW Old Lower River Road
Vancouver , WA

(360) 737-1727

top of page

Clark County Environmental Services - Recycling and Solid Waste
Peter DuBois, Division Manager

Street Address: 1300 Franklin Street, 1st Floor, Vancouver, WA 98660
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 9810, Vancouver, WA 98666-9810
Main phone: (360) 397-2121 | Fax: (360) 397-2062
Relay 711 or (800) 833-6384

Clark County Home | Find It! | A-Z Index | News Releases | Jobs | Contact Us

For questions or comments regarding the Clark County Web site:

© 2008 Clark County Washington | Disclaimer and legal notice | Health Information Privacy Notice