Clark County Washington
Home Find It! A-Z Index Departments & Programs Jobs Contact Us
Speakers bureau > Departments > Community Development

Community Development

Animal Protection and Control
Code Enforcement
Development Services
Development Engineering Services
Fire Marshal

Animal Protection and Control

What we do.

Bite prevention for all ages
A little knowledge about animal bites can prevent a lot of suffering.
Fifty percent of all bites occur to children under 12 years old. Learn how to protect yourself and your children.

Disaster planning for your pets
When it comes to emergencies, house pets, and livestock are often overlooked by their owners and emergency planners. Here are ideas, supplies, planning, and tips for those "other" members of the family.

Clark County's wild kingdom
Exotic animals on the increase.

Call Paul Scarpelli, Community Development/Animal Protection and Control, (360) 397-2375 ext. 4705.



Free building plans
Simple plans for basic home construction.
Other ways Clark County can make life easier.

Construction central
Fast times for building inspectors. An inside story.

Why is this new street so dirty?
What we can do about erosion control.

Call Jim Muir, Community Development/Building, (360) 397-2375 ext. 2470.


Code Enforcement

Help. There's a junkyard in my community
Who do I call if there's an illegal business operating in my neighborhood? What happens next?

Why is this new street so dirty?
What we can do about erosion control.

Call Community Development/Code Enforcement, (360) 397-2375.


Development Services

Planning information
What's available and how to find it.

Understanding the development review process
How to give effective testimony.

All about the shoreline permitting process

Call Community Development/Development Services, (360) 397-2375.


Stewardship for the future
Clark County's Habitat Conservation Ordinance.

Wildlife in Clark County
What the small lot landowner can do to protect it.

Call Community Development/Development Services, (360) 397-2375.


top of page

Development Engineering Services

Why can't I build near that creek?
Information on floodplains.

Call Sue Stepan, Community Development/Development Engineering Services, (360) 397-2375 ext. 4064.


Fire Marshal

Sifting through the ashes
The Fire Marshal's Office tracks arsonists.

What's hot?
National and local fire loss trends.

Don't get burned
Keeping your business safe.

Call Jon Dunaway, Fire Marshal, (360) 397-2186 ext. 3324.


top of page

Public Information and Outreach
Director: Mary Keltz

Street address: 1300 Franklin Street, Floor 6, Vancouver, WA 98660
Mailing address: P.O. Box 5000, Vancouver, WA 98666-5000
Main phone: (360) 397-6012 | FAX: (360) 397-6015
Responsible elected official: Board of Clark County Commissioners

Clark County Home | Find It! | A-Z Index | News Releases | Jobs | Contact Us

For questions or comments regarding the Clark County Web site:

© 2008 Clark County Washington | Disclaimer and legal notice | Health Information Privacy Notice