The Treasurer's office collects all property tax and real estate excise tax in Clark County.
The Tax Service Department of the Treasurer's Office provides customer service in the following areas:
- Collection and receipting of all tax, assessment and general receipt deposits
- Refunding of overpayments
- Providing information on tax and assessments on property owner accounts
The Finance Department of the Treasurer's Office manages the cash and cash equivalent assets of the County. These include: bank accounts, investments, debt, and trust accounts. The Treasurer's Office manages these funds for the County, school districts, fire districts, port district, cemetery districts, library districts and various government agencies.
- Managing the investment of the County's Portfolio of over $505.3 million dollars (as of December 31, 2013)
- Managing Debt of over $694.7 million dollars (as of December 31, 2013)
- Providing cash reporting for approximately 400 funds
- Providing appropriate liquidity for all funds.