|Clark County Veteran Resource Guide (PDF)|
Call 1-800-273-TALK if you or someone you know is in an emotional crisis. Press 1 for Veterans.
Call 1-877-424-3838 for the Homeless Veteran hotline.
Veterans Community Resource and Referral Center (CRRC)
Location: Vancouver VA Medical Center, Building 18
The Veterans Assistance Fund can be used to provide the following emergency relief to qualified Veterans (persons who have served in the military):
- Heating and Utilities
- Food Assistance
- Prescription Coverage
- Burial Assistance
- Clothing and Tools
- Emergency Dental Care
- Referral Services
To be eligible to receive relief funds, Veterans must meet the following requirements:
- Documentation: DD214 Veterans Honorable Discharge.
- Washington State resident for at least 12 consecutive months immediately prior to application.
- Clark County resident at time of application.
- Annual income after taxes is within 150% of poverty guidelines.
2014 HHS 150 % of poverty guidelines for Clark County
Persons in familyMonthlyAnnual1$1,458$17,5052$1,966$23,5953$2,473$29,6854$2,981$35,775
Applications for assistance as well as the Policies and Procedures are available online. Please review the Policies when completing an application. Applications and associated back up information should be submitted to the Veterans Assistance & Resource Program Officer Monday-Friday, 8 am - 5 pm, at the Clark County Veterans Assistance Center located at 1305 Columbia Street in Vancouver, WA. The offices can be reached at (360) 397-8478. You can also e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or to schedule an appointment.
- Application for Financial Assistance (PDF)
- Policies and Procedures for the Administration of the Veterans Relief Fund (PDF)
The Veterans Advisory Board is responsible for hearing any appeal or dispute of Veterans Service Officer’s decision. Any appeals or disputes of the VSO’s decision should be made using the Appeal Form within 15 business days of the decision.
- Veteran Appeal Form (PDF)
- Veteran's Assistance Program Brochure (PDF)
- Veteran's Relief - Clark County Code Chapter 2.29
- Soldiers returning from Iraq and Afghanistan: The long-term costs of providing Veterans medical care and disability benefits (PDF)
- 2013 Veterans Assistance Fund Annual Report (PDF)