The Clean Water Program is responsible for coordinating activities among county departments required by the federal Clean Water Act and the county's National Pollutant Discharge Elimination (NPDES) Permit issued by the Washington Department of Ecology. This includes coordinating with the county's effort to comply with the Endangered Species Act.
This section of Public Works consists of experienced scientists, engineers, and coordinators who are responsible for successfully implementing the county's Clean Water Program.
- building and retrofitting capital improvements to collect and treat stormwater.
- maintaining the county's existing stormwater system to remove contaminants before they enter local waters
- educating students and citizens to promote watershed stewardship
- enforcing laws as necessary to protect water for swimming, fishing, drinking, and other uses
- monitoring to determine surface water quality and measure the effectiveness of Clean Water Program efforts
- coordinating with a citizen advisory commission providing advice to the Board of County Commissioners regarding Clean Water Program performance
NPDES Annual Report - 2010 (PDF - 65K)
Attachment A (PDF - 2.7MB)
Attachment B (PDF - 32K)
Attachment C (PDF - 119K)
Attachment D (PDF - 8.5MB)
Attachment E (PDF - 21K)
NPDES Annual Report - 2009 (PDF - 3.2MB)
NPDES Annual Report and Stormwater Management Program Plan (PDF - 545K)
NPDES Annual Report - 2007* (PDF - 1.2MB)
NPDES Annual Report - 2005 (PDF - 307K)
NPDES Annual Report - 2004 (PDF - 307K)
NPDES Annual Report - 2003 (PDF - 292K)
NPDES Annual Report - 2003: Attachment A (PDF - 5M) Note: this is a very large file - see smaller version below
NPDES Annual Report - 2003: Attachment A (JPG - 453K) This is a smaller version of the above document.
*No report was required for 2006.
The annual reports are technical documents and correspond to the county's NPDES municipal stormwater permit (below).
Phase I NPDES Municipal Stormwater Permit (links to Washington Department of Ecology Web site)
Issued by Washington Department of Ecology, this document spells out the stormwater activities and programs the County must provide.
NPDES Permit Application (PDF - 558K)
Final draft, revised April 15, 1999
Archived (2003 and prior) reports, program audits and other documents