The mission of the monitoring program is to design and implement environmental monitoring projects that collect scientifically defensible data to meet the needs of Clark County's NPDES municipal stormwater permit and other environmental programs.
Water Resources generates information for decision-makers by using standardized monitoring protocols, following detailed quality assurance plans, and coordinating efforts with other local and state agencies.
The Water Resources Section Monitoring Program conducts a range of activities and projects, including:
- Monitoring streams and lakes to describe their condition, determine trends, and assess stormwater impacts
- Supporting volunteer monitoring efforts in the community
- Performing stormwater facility monitoring to assist in design and retrofit analyses
- Operating stream flow and rainfall gauges
- Working to find and remove pollutant sources
- Maintaining a database of monitoring results
- Publishing reports, summaries, and focus sheets
For more information, contact: