Clark County Washington
Home Find It! A-Z Index Departments & Programs Jobs Contact Us
Vegetation Management > Common questions

Common questions

1. If people have weeds on their property and they think they're toxic, can Vegetation Management tell them what the plants are?

That's difficult to do over the phone. In most cases, the department sends someone out to identify the plant in person.

2. If people have weeds on their property and want to get rid of them, can Vegetation Management help?

In this situation, the department usually does two things: It sends the citizen information about different approaches to use such as chemicals and biological agents, and also makes recommendations over the phone.

3. If a person reports an infestation of weeds in their neighborhood, can Vegetation Management do something?

The department will send someone out to check on the situation. If there is a problem with noxious weeds, the department will send a letter to the property owner noting the legal responsibilities to control the weeds. A booklet listing dangerous weeds and ways to control them also will accompany the letter. The department will follow up on the problem, too.


Clark County Environmental Services - Vegetation Management: Kevin Tyler, Program Manager
Street Address: 11104 NE 149th Street, Building C, Suite 200
Brush Prairie, WA 98606-9565
Main phone: (360) 397-2121 | Fax: (360)759-6557

Clark County Home | Find It! | A-Z Index | News Releases | Jobs | Contact Us

For questions or comments regarding the Clark County Web site:

© 2008 Clark County Washington | Disclaimer and legal notice | Health Information Privacy Notice