Homeowner's Remodel Exemption
Under RCW 84.36.400, owners of detached, single-family dwellings (including mobile homes on fee-owned land) which have been physically improved by major additions or remodels may be eligible for tax relief of up to 30% of the new value for a period of up to three years.
To be eligible for this program, the improvement, addition or repair must:
- Add value to the structure, or
- Improve the condition of the structure
Specifically excluded from this program are:
- Normal maintenance work such as painting, roof repair, gutters, etc.
- Swimming pools
- Outbuildings or other objects, not normally associated with a single-family residence
- Complete the Application for Exemption for Physical Improvement to a Single Family Dwelling
The application must be filed with the Assessor's Office before construction is completed.
- Provide the detailed description of the improvement(s)
- Provide the building permit number associated with the improvement(s)
Mail your completed and signed application along with copies of all required documentation to:
Clark County Assessor's Office
Attn: Homeowner's Remodel Appraiser
PO Box 5000
Vancouver, WA 98666-5000
Help in Applying:
If you prefer, you may contact us with your questions via email at RemodelExemptionAppraiser@clark.wa.gov. We can also be reached by phone at 564.397.2391, option 5, then 1, Monday through Friday, between the hours of 9:00 am and 4:30 pm.