County extends deadline for Animal Control Advisory Board applications
Vancouver, Wash. ‒ Clark County has extended the application deadline for an open position on the volunteer Animal Protection and Control Advisory Board. The deadline for applications is 5 pm Friday, July 26.
The position is for a dog owner who lives in Clark County. The term begins immediately and goes through Oct. 31, 2021.
Advisory board members meet quarterly at 6:30 pm on the fourth Thursday of the month at the Clark County Public Safety Complex, 505 NW 179th St., Ridgefield.
Functions of the 10-member board include:
- Reporting to the Clark County and city of Vancouver councils at least once a year on general operations of the Animal Protection and Control Program
- Recommending potential modifications to code
- Acting as an appeals hearing board
- Volunteering at outreach and fundraising events
- Promoting the program and its licensing of all dogs and cats.
For more information or to download an application, go to www.clark.wa.gov/community-development/animal-control-advisory-board.
Interested applicants should submit an application and a résumé to Animal Protection and Control, P.O. Box 9810, Vancouver, WA 98666-9810 or the department office on the third floor of the Public Service Center, 1300 Franklin St.
Animal Protection and Control manager