Applicants sought for three vacancies on Historic Preservation Commission
Vancouver, WA – The Clark County councilors are seeking applicants for three vacant seats on the Clark County Historic Preservation Commission.
The seven-member commission is responsible for:
- Reviewing nominations to the National Register of Historic Places
- Reviewing nominations and designating properties to the Clark County Heritage Register
- Conducting design review for changes to buildings and sites on the local register
- Reviewing and deciding applications for the Special Valuation Tax Incentive for historic properties
- Overseeing education and outreach
Terms are for three years and begin in July. Service is voluntary.
The commission typically meets at 6 p.m. the first Tuesday of each month at the O.O. Howard House, 750 Anderson St.
Applicants must have demonstrated interest, experience or knowledge of history, historic preservation, architecture or related disciplines such as planning, cultural anthropology, archaeology, cultural geography, American studies or historic rehabilitation or restoration.
To apply, submit a letter of interest and résumé to Jennifer Clark, Clark County Council, P.O. Box 5000, Vancouver, WA 98666-5000 or email@example.com.
Application deadline is 5 p.m. Friday, April 7, 2017.
For more information about the commission and Historic Preservation program, please visit www.clark.wa.gov/planning/historic.
360.397.2280, ext. 4913