School Public Facility Designation Amendments
The proposal under consideration would 1) repeal the Public Facility (PF) designation on the comprehensive plan and zoning maps for public school-owned properties, 2) establish the previous zoning designations, 3) update comprehensive plan designations, and 4) revise development code for consistency with the map changes.
The proposed changes would:
- Affect 61 public school-owned properties.
- Zone properties with the same classification they had immediately before the adoption of the 2016 Comprehensive Growth Management Plan when they were reclassified as PF.
- Apply a comprehensive plan designation consistent with the proposed zoning.
- Amend CCC 40.230.090 Public Facilities to remove schools.
- Amend several use tables in CCC 40.210-010 through 40.250.110 to remove public facility-related footnotes on school uses.
The interactive map below highlights the properties in the proposal.
Click on one of the outlined properties and a pop-up window will show the immediate-past, current, and proposed zoning and comprehensive plan designations for that parcel.
Click on the magnifying glass and type in an address to zoom to that location. Additional features are available through the options at the top of the map. Click on each icon to explore further.
Fall 2019 – County Council meetings, exact dates to be determined
July 18, 2019 - Planning Commission Hearing
June 20, 2019 - Planning Commission Work Session