Final environmental report covers growth plan "preferred alternative"
Vancouver, WA – Environmental review of the proposed growth plan update concludes today with release of the final supplemental environmental impact statement required by the State Environmental Policy Act.
The environmental impact study covers the “preferred alternative” as adopted by the Board of County Councilors in February. The proposal includes changes in rural, agricultural and forestry zoning districts, along with some changes in planning and zoning within urban growth areas.
At present, the growth plan includes a full environmental impact statement that still applies to much of the county. A draft supplemental environmental impact statement covering four alternatives was first issued in August 2015.
Go to http://www.clark.wa.gov/planning/2016update/alternatives.html to view the final document examining the Board’s “preferred alternative.”
Reference copies also are available:
City and town halls:
- Vancouver, 415 W. Sixth St.
- Camas, 616 NE Fourth Ave.
- La Center, 214 E. Fourth St.
- Battle Ground, 109 SW First Ave.
- Washougal, 1701 C St.
- Ridgefield, 230 Pioneer St.
- Woodland City Hall, 230 Davidson Ave.
- Yacolt, 202 W. Cushman St.
- Fort Vancouver Regional Library, 901 C. St., Vancouver
- Vancouver Mall, 8700 NE Vancouver Mall Drive, Vancouver
- Three Creeks, 800-C NE Tenney Road, Vancouver
- Cascade Park, 600 NE 136th Avenue, Vancouver
- Washougal, 1661 C St.
- Camas Public Library, 625 NE 4th Ave.
- Battle Ground Branch, 1207 NE 8th Way
- Ridgefield Branch, 210 N. Main Ave.
- Woodland Community Library, 770 Park St.
To submit public comments on any aspect of the plan update:
- Online: www.clark.wa.gov/planning/2016update/comments.html or www.clark.wa.gov/engage-clark-county
- Email: email@example.com
- U.S. mail: Community Planning, EIS comments, P.O. Box 9810, Vancouver, 98666
(360) 397-2280 ext. 4968